09-26-2008, 01:45 PM   #14
mad chemist
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattD View Post
I think I should be getting up towards the 1k mark after next weekend, so that's virtually the break in done in 10 days or so. It's quick enough for the moment, but give it a few months and we'll see...

I think esscolab might be considering selling his SSTT if he goes for the remap option from one of the other threads.

My jaunt up to the midlands at the weekend yielded an actual 31.2mpg, so I was pretty happy with that, although I was 80 or under most of the way with just a few "tests" to show the acceleration after my mate asked to see what she could do, and some twisties in south Derbyshire. I'm sort of trying to stick to the break-in though, so I haven't absolutely booted it yet.

I'll have another 1k+ miles to do over the next 3-4 weeks as well, so I'm trying not to do those at 19mpg, as when combined with my train fares into London for work my overall monthly transport costs would be astronomical!
Matt,

Car looks great - welcome to the club.

Regards the SSTT, you should be able to get one direct from Split Second for ~$500 now (that's about £320 including import duty). I went this way and apart for a fiddly install I have had no problems at all. The car is just so much faster on boost than stock, and is getting quicker still as it gets colder this time of year.

Mad.
Appreciate 0