Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 G05 LCI

Garage List
2024 X5 G05 LCI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk6202 View Post
For some reason gave me an error while uploading but I have the part numbers they gave me in the previous post I made. it is BS for 1.5 Labour hrs to reprogram the previous gear lever because that’s already coded to the vin, it doesn’t need programming, I think the dealer just wants to make money. I live in AZ so dealers want 5k+ for the replacement, I am still thinking about it but Idrive 8 has been super glitchy for me so far. I also had my steering rack replaced under warranty, it took them a month to do that because they had issues programming the first steering rack, then they went ahead got approval from BMW to try to program another new steering rack and that one ended up being able to be programmed. Overall my ownership has been a bit problematic but I still really like my car a lot.
Love mine as well. I’m thinking of what another dealership might say to me inquiring about installing and coding my crystal console if I try to give it a shot again.
Problem is I swapped my stock 22”s for a set of Alpina 23”s. I don’t want them to see that because they aren’t spec to the X5. If it’s all a money grab, who knows what they may say. If my console doesn’t sell, I may ask a different dealer when I put the 22”s back on next winter.
Overall love the car, but wish Bimmercode, or one of those coding programs worked on the LCI.
Appreciate 0