10-14-2019, 04:20 PM   #22
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
I'm going to revive this thread, because I just ordered a US spec 2020 X5 M50i, and was told by the dealer about the navigation issues (I live in Belgium).

Incidentally, a good friend in stuttgart just bought an X5 40i about 6 weeks ago, and his navigation WORKED..... until they did the latest software update, and now it doesn't work, and he is waiting as well. Needless to say, he is PISSED.

This issue only applies to Idrive 7.

I was "told" that because BMW only sells about 3000 vehicles per year to military stationed in Europe, that there hasn't been much focus on this issue (because it's such a small percentage of their sales)

I am supposed to take delivery of my M50i in January 2020, and I am "hopeful" that it will be sorted out by then.

In the meantime..... I suggest all of us European stationed folks with US spec cars share info with one another. Chances are, we may learn something before the dealer does, and we may have to "inform" them.
Don't forget the Europeans that buy a US spec car when stationed in the US and bring it home. Same problems except the stronger urge to have things working properly since it'll be forever-ish....
Appreciate 0