First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760li

Garage List
2019 BMW M760i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
I don’t think this is really a performance mod as much as it’s a sound mod. Do DPs and call it a day.

I installed the slip on system and was expecting it to sound very similar to stock but was surprised just how much better it sounded. The tone is perfect without being obnoxious. Has a nice exotic tone while under load IMO.

Alan
Thanks for the reply. So you don't have the mid pipe then? Don't get me wrong, I'm not in love with the stock sound, but I'm trying to make investments in added performance. At $9k, the akra system is expensive if no gains are felt. I assume it must be better flowing and a fair weight savings if you have the whole system? I was also considering the Meisterchaft GTC with DPs which the entire system is about equal to akra.

I'm on the fence about DPS though because I don't plan to tune. I'm OK with a CEL, and smell, but I don't want to spend on DPS and not get a good performance gain because I didn't tune. Any thoughts on this? I have a Racechip and I'm happy with it. I do want to maintain my warranty as best I can so no tune for the foreseeable future. I have heard some audio of the S63 with DPS and I like the sound. Keller titanium DPs would sound great I think!
Appreciate 1