Quote:
Originally Posted by mnavis29 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisV View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnavis29 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisV View Post
Just an fyi, the ones off ebay and amazon with dual slats will fit fine with no modifications. They do have many more slats though than the "true M" one and don't look as good in my opinion. Now the one off of ind-distribution is an oem x5m grille. You have to remove active shutters for this one to fit properly.
Did you try to fit the X5M F95 grills on a G05?
yes. successful with removal of active shutters
Would you mind sharing more details how you achieved it? Pictures of the end result would be fantastic also.

I am might order as well the OEM M grill from my friendly dealer ☺️
Sorry for delay. I will try and get some pics up soon. The process of removing active shutters in order for oem m grille to fit basically comes down to two methods...Removal of bumper is the easiest way although more time consuming obviously. I chose method two which was insanely difficult. Basically you have to force open the shutters first. The motor will assist you when it feels pressure (at least for me it did). Then you have to remove each individual shutter by pulling up enough for them to release out. You'll see the clips top and bottom that's holding them in as you move along. They are also attached in the back by an arm. Two addition tabs need to be depressed to release shutter from arm. I worked from outside shutter in on both sides. Like i said, this is extremely difficult but can be done. It is possible you may break a shutter or two in the process for what it's worth. I was able to keep mine in tack. I will say esthetically it blows away the look compared to active shutters there. Always though too much plastic and everyone always said it looked cheap. I could care less about the 1 mpg you gain by having them. Totally worth the time and trouble. Good luck!
Thanks for the thorough feedback. Sounds like a lot of work if you don't remove the front bumber. Not sure if it's worth it though.

Would appreciate if you could share some pictures. That would help to take the final decision.
Appreciate 0