General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewolfbmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmooManiak View Post
Do we have any real world numbers on the Racechip piggyback? Looking for M50i ones. I had one on my 650i years ago and my "butt dyno" didn't notice any difference. I sold it and got a flash tune for the same car, and noticed a differnce in power immediatelly.

Would love to see some of the claims backed up by a 3rd party before pulling the trigger. Something like a before and after dyno or Dragy would be nice. I've seen people not gain anything on dynos and they claimed to have some "adapting issues" on the older cars.

All I see are their own videos on Youtube, which can be easily manipulated via throttle using 0-60 and 60-130 pulls.
I installed the GTS Black on my '20 M50i. The first head unit did not work (it was not the wiring harness) and it took a few days and a lot of emails but I was sent an entire new unit.

I headed to the highway, Southbound and ran 2 stock runs. 0 -100, 40 - 100, 60 - 100, 60 - 130 (error with these run) and 100 - 200 kph.

I then went back North and ran the same runs as close to the same sections as I could with RC on setting 7 (max).

The GTS has multiple settings which I believe just increase the psi. I should also note, I ran with the RC on for about 500 miles before these runs.

I will say that I do not see any gains at 0 - 60. I have done many launches at the same spot. I have logged every launch into a spreadsheet; down to tire pressure, temps and so on. I did the same on my X3M, just a lot more launches.

I have also logged launches on my friends X3M with RC GTS Black too. That had a different results than the M50i. Comparative times across all bands were improved.

I am attaching 2 pictures for the M50i.

As for the 60 - 130 run....I had to lift both times with RC on. 1st time was a police car and the 2nd a car pulled into lane.

I will try again in Spring.

As for the GTS Black....the ease of the app is nice. Allows you to turn it on and off easily. It is easy to adjust the maps, if desired. If you don't plan on messing around from changing the maps on the fly. Skip the app, it is so basic. I was fortunate to have my friend hook me up with a wholesale price on a new unit, so I am not too disappointed. Would I be disappointed if paid full retail, probably and would have returned it.

As they say, no good deed goes unpunished, that being said, if you want one, buy from Ben (rgstoprts). If you have an issue, you want someone to be in your corner and wants to make sure you are a satisfied customer. I know first hand that Ben does everything to make sure you are satisfied with everything you buy from him.

In my opinion, the use of piggybacks on the V8's within the BMW SUV's lineup has marginal gains. I tried Burger unit on my '16 50i and it didn't do anything.

The debate has always been, do they work? Yes they do and the gains will be different for every variant of engine.

I am going to order a JB4 in the coming weeks and do a comparison in the Spring. The only concern I have with JB4, is the disconnection of Mass Flow sensor for lengthy periods of time.

I should mention, having the RC installed, so far, I don't notice any changes in shifting when pushing it.

I have also had the chance to run some launches on a stock X5MC. Definitely a smokeshow....I ran a 3.45 on my first run to 60. So unless I do a ECU tune and even then it's doubtful, I should never say "it's like a ///M, just 20k less". lol
Appreciate the feedback and the kind gesture to me and my business.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0