Mantii
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3/E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmack003
Soo...

I was thinking, and maybe I'm not the only one, that it would be nice to have some numbers (total cost or labor hrs) to go along with all the mod activity lately - maybe an "official thread" even. We share car and lease deals with regularity, how about actual third party performance part installation costs?
When I ordered mine, I requested the black grills be installed at port. When the car came, still had the stock ones. Sales guy and manager were nice about it, ordered the part which came 2 days later. Did not charge me for the part or labor (nor was it included in the original sales price).

It was late in the afternoon when I got to the service area for them to install. I was showing the mechanic what I needed done and asked him if he could also change the stock reflectors while he was at it, and he said no problem. So got both of those things done at the dealer with no charge.

One of my friends who works for a local bodyshop will be painting my side splitters and installing them along with my m performance pedals for $250. Paint cost me additional $30. Other body shops in the area were asking close to $600 for the side splitters and pedals.
Appreciate 0