View Single Post
      07-13-2020, 08:11 AM   #144
Cooltones
Happy M Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, F82 M4, G05 X5

UPDATE:
June 26th: "Production Begins" - BMW NA Automated Phone System provided an "Estimated Completion Date" of July 13th. Visiting MY BMW Garage website, the status was stuck at "Production Begins" until this morning:
July 13th: It zipped from "Exterior Body Assembly, "In Paint Booth", to "Entering Assembly Line".
I've heard that things can move pretty quick through the assembly line. We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltones View Post
It seems that it depends on the BMW dealership build allocations. I noticed that when I placed my order on June 10th I noticed that the build allocation stated the "Confirmed Production" to be week 29, so I figured I probably would not get any notification until next week (July 13th week); however, I got the "Production Begins" notification on June 26th. I almost wish they had not shared that info with me so early as it's now July 10th and it still says "Production Begins"...

Calling the BMW NA number stated that the expected build completion date is July 14th, which is now only 4 days away.

I'll let you guys know when my status goes beyond "Production Begins". From what I heard here on the forum the "Production Begins" status can range from 1-2 weeks, and then when it moves to "Exterior Body Assembly Begins" and beyond it zips through.

We'll see. Meanwhile I'm just keeping myself busy with my job and the periodic check-in on Bimmerpost. This is my 6th BMW over the span of almost 20 years and I STILL feel like an anxious kid waiting for the Christmas presents to arrive from Santa...

Cheers,
-Tony
2020 X5 40i M Sport - The "Unicorn" (B&W Sound, Touch Screen, Heated/Cooled Cup Holders, Soft Close Doors, Acoustic Glass, Full Alcantara & Glass Controls, Luggage Compartment Package, Heated/Ventilated Seats, Laser Lights, Fog Lights)
2016 M4 Coupe; 2008 Dinan S1 M5; 2006 530i; 1998 328i
Appreciate 3
JTG160.00
JJC0114.00