View Single Post
      07-16-2020, 03:15 PM   #149
Cooltones
Happy M Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, F82 M4, G05 X5

Did you happen to use the BMW NA automated phone system? In addition to telling me my X5 was at "Production Begins" it also did say, "Your estimated completion date is July 14th". What I've heard from others, and now have personally experienced is that the day before the estimated completion date (in my case July 13th) is when the build status "magically" moved through the next few steps. If yours is scheduled to be completed by July 18th, I wouldn't be surprised if your build status starts advancing on July 17th. That would be tomorrow Friday so let's see what happens.

Yeah, I heard something about the Apple Car Key feature not actually being put on vehicles until August 2020. If not, I'm telling myself it's not a big deal. What's more of a big deal to me is us getting the latest iDrive software update. Let's be sure to both check in on where our X5s land with the software release.

Shouldn't be too much longer until your X5 gets moving through the line.
Cheers,
-Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG1 View Post
I'm still at "Production Begins", where I've been since July 1. I talked to our sales guy this morning (July 16), and he said he's showing production is scheduled to be completed on July 18 (Genius automated hotline says July 17). So he said we'll definitely have it by end of the month, but I'm hoping if things move really fast it could be at the dealership by end of next week. We'll see.

I thought about asking him about the whole Apple Car Key thing, since it's now sounding like that may be for builds beginning in August, as opposed to July, but I decided it wasn't worth getting into it. I did tell him that if somehow it doesn't have the latest iDrive 07/2020 version from the factory (which I would assume it would?), that I'd like to see if they can do that at the dealership when I take delivery.
2020 X5 40i M Sport - The "Unicorn" (B&W Sound, Touch Screen, Heated/Cooled Cup Holders, Soft Close Doors, Acoustic Glass, Full Alcantara & Glass Controls, Luggage Compartment Package, Heated/Ventilated Seats, Laser Lights, Fog Lights)
2016 M4 Coupe; 2008 Dinan S1 M5; 2006 530i; 1998 328i
Appreciate 1
JJC0114.00