View Single Post
      07-16-2020, 04:53 PM   #150
JTG1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i M Sport

Yep, when I referred to the Genius hotline quoting an estimated completion date of July 17, I meant the automated phone system. So, its date and the date from our sales guy of July 18 are off by a day, but what's a day, right? It's almost like the more I check the website, I'm convinced I'm somehow going to will it beyond the "Production Begins" stage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltones View Post
Did you happen to use the BMW NA automated phone system? In addition to telling me my X5 was at "Production Begins" it also did say, "Your estimated completion date is July 14th". What I've heard from others, and now have personally experienced is that the day before the estimated completion date (in my case July 13th) is when the build status "magically" moved through the next few steps. If yours is scheduled to be completed by July 18th, I wouldn't be surprised if your build status starts advancing on July 17th. That would be tomorrow Friday so let's see what happens.

Yeah, I heard something about the Apple Car Key feature not actually being put on vehicles until August 2020. If not, I'm telling myself it's not a big deal. What's more of a big deal to me is us getting the latest iDrive software update. Let's be sure to both check in on where our X5s land with the software release.

Shouldn't be too much longer until your X5 gets moving through the line.
Cheers,
-Tony
Appreciate 2
Cooltones241.00
JJC0114.00