View Single Post
      07-18-2020, 10:10 PM   #153
Cooltones
Happy M Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, F82 M4, G05 X5

Awesome!
Congrats on finally getting your new ride!
I appreciate the insight on the iDrive software update. It's Day 3 "Awaiting Carrier Assignment" so hopefully not much longer.
Yup - I've got a pair of Ray Bans and got non-polarized as I stumbled across the challenge with my M4's heads up display.

Have fun!
-Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORD_Flyer View Post
Hey All -

Just picked her up yesterday and couldn't be happier so far. Definitely the best car I've ever had and looking forward to the next drive which I couldn't say about my old car.

Some things to note for those taking delivery soon:

• My car had a completion date of 7/10/20 but still came with the 03/2020 version of iDrive. Might be worth requesting the upgrade with your dealer if there's some time between arrival and delivery.
• My garage has a rolling code and the BMW video on setting this up did not work for me. I actually searched for the solution in this forum and found what I needed. Just a heads up.
• I still can't get the native Spotify app to work I can see it but in order to play music from my Spotify playlist; I have to use CarPlay
• This was mentioned in another thread but I have polarized Ray Bans which really lightens the view of the HUD. I've mitigated this issue somewhat by just brightening that setting

There's a ton more I'm learning but those are some quick items I've noticed in real world driving.

Either way, you're gonna love the new ride. Enjoy!
2020 X5 40i M Sport - The "Unicorn" (B&W Sound, Touch Screen, Heated/Cooled Cup Holders, Soft Close Doors, Acoustic Glass, Full Alcantara & Glass Controls, Luggage Compartment Package, Heated/Ventilated Seats, Laser Lights, Fog Lights)
2016 M4 Coupe; 2008 Dinan S1 M5; 2006 530i; 1998 328i
Appreciate 1