11-26-2020, 11:31 AM   #23
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile muncher View Post
Interesting that sensatec is considered softer. I have heard complaints on this forum about sensatec being uncomfortable on long drives and am not surprised to hear that given that sensatec isn’t a “living” material like leather that can change and slacken over time. That said, it could be an issue with the cushioning on the sports seats, though my initial impression of those seats was quite positive, with no concerns about over-prominent bolsters.
if you want comfort on long drives, there's no real substitute for Merino. We bought our F15 off the showroom with Nappa and we liked it a lot. After driving it for 4 years and looking for the g05, the dealer took us out in models that had vernasca and the difference then was apparent. It's a very durable leather for sure, but it definitely wasn't close to as plush as Nappa was. Now having the merino on our G05, the Nappa doesn't seem as plush, even outright stiff compared to the merino.

If you're looking for long haul comfort, I would definitely recommend the Merino. It'll be hard to tell based on a 5 minute test drive of the different materials but we love it. We chose a light color and so far, there's not been any creases or wear after 8 months. But if you're truly worried you can always opt for black.
Appreciate 0