09-21-2020, 01:47 AM   #166
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mij View Post
Yeah I know that some people have turned it fully off already, however I also understand that they don't want to share the coding for it as it probably will be missused a lot. There's already enough news with people sleeping in Teslas while driving..
That's why I would love to just extend the timespan a little bit, for convenience.
There is no coding to disable Hands On Detection with the 5AU drive assist pro cars.

What we really need is enablement of 5AR (eTJA) in the EU. That's tried and tested in multiple markets and allows indefinite hands off on motorways up to 40mph.

I have hands off any speed any road. BMW advertised eTJA and auto lane change when I bought the car in the UK, but then didn't deliver and told me it wouldn't be possible to retrofit either feature.

So I decided to fix it myself, got back into coding, and discovered and published the codes for auto lane change. I never figured eTJA but used another method to 'workaround' that constraint.

If BMW had delivered the car I bought from the brochure, then in all likelihood I would never have gotten back into coding.
Appreciate 0