View Single Post
      07-08-2020, 11:30 AM   #128
Cooltones
Happy M Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, F82 M4, G05 X5

Great minds think alike, right?
Yes. As a few others who secured a 2020 X5 40i with the options available for 2020, but not for 2021 said: "Looks like we have a unicorn!"

I'm currently enjoying my F82 M4, and wanted to get an X5 (Read: Practical, Fun daily driver that I will never have to worry about hitting the lower front end of a concrete parking block, able to toss multiple golf clubs without folding the seats down...).

Totally get the "ext shadowline (I like it, but wife didn't want it blacked out)" comment. If this X5 were for my wife, she too made it clear she wouldn't want it. Soon though she'll be looking to get one of those Mercedes chassis Sprinter Vans equipped with the RV conversion kit, so at that time it'll be her choice of options, her decision.

For me, the first day of build status notification of "Production Begins" was June 26th, and today it still says "Production Begins"; however, it also says that the "production completion date is July 14th". Looks like I'm only a few days ahead of you but will certainly be sure to let you know when my build status changes to "Exterior Body Assembly Begins", or beyond.

Speaking of "unicorns", maybe we may also get that new iPhone Digital Key functionality? I hear that they will be offered in X5's and many other models that are manufactured in the Summer (aka: Starting July 1st).
Between the 2 of us, you probably have a better chance of getting that option, especially since your "Production Begins" date is officially July 1st.

Either way, I'm just GRATEFUL that we got the options we were hoping for.

Cheers,
-Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG1 View Post
We have a nearly identical 2020 xDrive 40i build currently in process - same colors inside and out, most of same options minus ext shadowline (I like it, but wife didn't want it blacked out), B&W, acoustic glass, luggage compartment pkg and spare. We moved to "production begins" on July 1, where we still stand, and our production completion date is supposed to be July 19. Like you, I am glad that it appears we got ours in with all the options we wanted. This is for my wife, but the wait is tough!
2020 X5 40i M Sport - The "Unicorn" (B&W Sound, Touch Screen, Heated/Cooled Cup Holders, Soft Close Doors, Acoustic Glass, Full Alcantara & Glass Controls, Luggage Compartment Package, Heated/Ventilated Seats, Laser Lights, Fog Lights)
2016 M4 Coupe; 2008 Dinan S1 M5; 2006 530i; 1998 328i
Appreciate 2
JJC0114.00
JTG160.00