View Single Post
      05-18-2015, 12:33 PM   #11
fcman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
AC is better when we are strictly talking about realistic physics and driving dynamics. I'm not talking about graphics and features. If you took a vet sim racer in each game and one day out them on a real race track for the first time, I'm willing to bet the one who played AC will be the best driver in real life.

RFactor2 is really good too, but the cars, tracks, and very dated look keeps me away. I still think AC has a better tire model and FFB. Also AC is the only sim where I can come back from the real track and drive even better in the sim because all of my muscle memory translates and the cars react precisely as expected. It's uncanny.
ACs FFB is very good, but there's a reason why every thread about ACs FFB has a comparison to rFactor 2. The new rFactor 2 tire model that came out last month is out-freaking-rageous, no sim on the market is even in the same decade on tires at this point. Not sure how long it's been since you put some time into rF2 but over the past 6 months there have been some massive changes and it is now pretty widely regarded as benchmark in the sim racing community.
Appreciate 0