wanderlustX5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
First, welcome.

If you've not done it already, take the time to read through all th posts on this thread. Build the X5 you want on the BMWNA website and get th msrp. They will give you a code. Write down that code. Print the build on the summary page. Take that info to a dealer and tell them you want 6% off MSRP on that build PLUS whatever incentives are available. Right now I think its $2,000 in incentives if you finance through BMW and $1,000 loyalty (if you qualify). Also you can sign up for BMWCCA (Car Club of America) and get an additional $1,000 after you buy the car (not from the dealer) If the dealer says no, go to another dealer. I did it by email. I didn't actually go there in person until after they agreed to the price and they told me all the fees. As a result, I got 6% off MSRP plus $4,000 more ($3k from BMW and $1k from BMWCCA.

You might go to a dealer and get to know a CA and get their card first. If you have a "relationship" already, they might me more willing to work with you.

If they say yes to your offer, be ready to buy!

Get MSRP, discounts, and fees negotiated and then make sure you get BMWs latest APR I think its 2.89%. I don't know about leases.

Other posters have shared what they have done to get good discounts. Check them all out and pick the approach that works for you. By all means, don't pay MSRP.

Best of luck!

I tried that. The dealer in my area stated no one will give 6% off MSRP because there will be no profit margin (which I find hard to believe) Also, they were including the 2000$ rebate from BMW company in the discount. That 2000$ does not come from dealership from my understanding. Therefore, if I am understanding correctly, I should be asking 6% off MSRP + 2000$ rebate from BMW + 1000$ rebate from dealer for attending the X5 launch party?
Appreciate 0