View Single Post
      12-07-2018, 03:28 PM   #240
mynewx5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustMD View Post
I tried that. The dealer in my area stated no one will give 6% off MSRP because there will be no profit margin (which I find hard to believe) Also, they were including the 2000$ rebate from BMW company in the discount. That 2000$ does not come from dealership from my understanding. Therefore, if I am understanding correctly, I should be asking 6% off MSRP + 2000$ rebate from BMW + 1000$ rebate from dealer for attending the X5 launch party?
That might be your problem right there. I see you are in Portland, Oregon? If there are only one or two dealers in your area the lack of competition offers no incentive for them to deal.

In larger markets like Texas, Florida, NE, etc. there is more competition and dealers are more willing to discount.

To answer your specific questions:

Yes, 6% off MSRP (not including $995 destination, PLUS $2,000 for financing with BMW is not impossible. The $2,000 is a rebate from BMW and does not come out of the dealer's pocket. I'm not sure about the launch party rebate. If that's "BMW money" then it doesn't come out of the dealer's pocket either. Also, don't forget you can apply for a $1,000 rebate from BMWCCA after your purchase. Again, doesn't come out of the dealer's pocket.

Are you shopping in stock vehicles or looking to special order?
Appreciate 0