Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketfoot View Post
A quick search turned up a couple of tunes that claim a 20 HP increase.
Bucketfoot, would you mind sharing what you found? I've been searching and all I see is the 2.5T upgrades. I also believe that the 2018 NA engine is not exactly the same as the 2016-2017.
Pretty sure the only difference is the addition of their vectoring stuff to the stability control. Same lousy engine and nothing out there actually adds any power, certainly not 20hp.

Almost no exhaust options exist, no headers and the air boxes all test as more restrictive than stock. I'd have loved a header to move the powerband up the curve and let that thing rev a little, but no one is interested in helping that lump. Have I mentioned the harsh suspension, 22-23 mpg and that mine was totaled in a disturbingly minor accident?

Of note though, the new one looks wildly better and will get the semi-sparkles compression motor, so you could probably get a heck of a deal on the ones on dealer lots now, although you're probably more suited to the even older 6, which might still be two years away from a new model, but there has been some chatter that they'll bring awd and the wagon for that new 6.
Appreciate 0