View Single Post
      10-30-2019, 10:27 AM   #110
mpaasky
Private
Rep
Drives: '20 x5m50i, ‘22 992, ‘23 iX

1. this m50i review video consists of 90% of "data readout" you can read from bmw website... there isn't much criticism so it reads more like a dealership review than anything. it's not surprising since a dealer employee was with him. can a reputable journalist please review this car and do a proper test?
2. the last thing he said--tiny LEDs light in the moonroof--was misinformed. i heard that from many people, not just him, but to any discerning person w/ any common sense, upon a closer look, will immediately know that those dots in the glass are NOT LEDs. those are etching in the glass--imperfections to reflect lights from the side of the glass. Without imperfection, light will simply pass through the body of glass (think glass fiber); imperfection will reflect the light outward (think the terminus of a fiber)
3. the exhaust sound is very muted when actually driving a m50i, so not sure how he was able to isolate it out so clearly in the video.
4. there are so many bad things about m50i but he didn't say any of them, probably because he didn't really spend time driving it and using it. things u only see when you spend a lot of time with it. see my other posts for them.
Appreciate 0