11-17-2019, 03:59 PM   #23
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
Had the HK system in my F15. It's a good audio system, and a good enough in-car audio system with nearly every source. Nearly. For streaming audio, it's more than enough, and if that's all you use I wouldn't upgrade. That said, with acoustic glass and a recorded source on USB or HD, the B&W is the best stock in-car system I've heard. Better than the B&O system I had in one car, and audibly better than the HK - with the appropriate source. Whether it's worth the several-thousand-dollar premium is of course up to the listener, but the combination of the super-quiet cabin and the B&W sound system actually makes listening to quality recorded music feasible in a car now.

thank you for your experience. I may just go to the dealership and see if I can hear one of their cars with it, even if its in a different series. I'm definitely getting the quiet glass option. My other concern is that while I listen to music off my phone, its a lot more rare than me listening to podcasts on the majority of my commutes. And while it may sound brilliant, that's a an awful lot of money they want for it.
Appreciate 0