View Single Post
      11-18-2019, 11:37 AM   #30
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by The J-Man View Post
I might make a separate post about this, but what is everybody's experience with getting the highest quality streaming, particularly Amazon Music HD?

With both Apple and Android, I cannot connect with a cable and play Amazon Music like I could in past BMWs.

With Android, I think bluetooth audio is the only option, which plays at a max of 320 Kbps. I suspect it is even less as the sound is marginally better than XM.

However, with Apple running Carplay, I believe I am getting a much higher bitrate because Airplay is being utilized. This is confirmed as I can turn off bluetooth on the phone and the connection still works.

Amazon Ultra HD songs sound fantastic on the B&W, but I am wondering if the sound could get any better?

Any thoughts? Has anybody been able to get a cable connection working? Anybody compared Amazon Ultra HD songs running on Carplay with lossless on a USB stick?
To your point, if the music is being played via AirPlay, which I would imagine it is since it’s over WiFi, it is lossless audio. I just have no idea if it actually does. This also makes sense with the wireless CarPlay though.

Also, I have no idea about AirPlay, but AirPlay 2 definitely supports lossless audio. It was a huge thing when it came out regarding Sonos and multiple connections with other compatible devices.
Appreciate 0