View Single Post
      11-18-2019, 05:00 PM   #34
The J-Man
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by randybobandy View Post
I haven’t messed with anything, but saw some info on the streaming apps in car. I am not sure if they’re solely dedicated, or have you be through the phone though. The other downside would be the inability to use CarPlay. I am not sure how married you are to the idea, but I know the iPhone and iDrive messaging leaves much to be desired.
Hmm, I don't have any streaming apps available within idrive.

The ideal scenario would be to stream Amazon Music HD through a cable connection. I think that is going to give the highest quality sound. I was able to do this in my 2016 550 by first launching the BMW Connected app on my phone, and then launching Amazon music, but that doesn't work with idrive 7 as far as I can figure.

Amazon Music HD is the end all be all for streaming music, in my opinion. The quality and selection is absolutely fantastic. Puts Apple Music to shame. In a short period of time, I've been really impressed with Amazon's commitment to quality for both streaming music and video.

If I could get Amazon Music HD via a cable plus hands-free Alexa in my X5, all other music sources would be rendered useless.
2011 X5 35i BSM/Black - Retired
2011 335i Coupe Alpine White/Saddle - Retired (ED)
Appreciate 1
Tenac4537.00