View Single Post
      11-18-2019, 05:11 PM   #35
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by The J-Man View Post
Hmm, I don't have any streaming apps available within idrive.

The ideal scenario would be to stream Amazon Music HD through a cable connection. I think that is going to give the highest quality sound. I was able to do this in my 2016 550 by first launching the BMW Connected app on my phone, and then launching Amazon music, but that doesn't work with idrive 7 as far as I can figure.

Amazon Music HD is the end all be all for streaming music, in my opinion. The quality and selection is absolutely fantastic. Puts Apple Music to shame. In a short period of time, I've been really impressed with Amazon's commitment to quality for both streaming music and video.

If I could get Amazon Music HD via a cable plus hands-free Alexa in my X5, all other music sources would be rendered useless.

Dang, I’ll have to give it a try. I love amazon, but I have a handful of HomePods, which looking back, was stupid...so I am stuck with Apple Music. Whenever I get a new car or even in a loaner/rental, I kind of go into autopilot and default to CarPlay or just Bluetooth stream. I found something today regarding streaming (linked it below), if you go halfway down the page it mentions a couple of apps built in from what it seems. Again, I never tried it, but may futz with it now. The only downside is you lose CarPlay, but it’s just a trade off I guess?

https://www.bmwusa.com/explore/connecteddrive.html

It’s the section that has pandora, Napster, etc. not sure if it streams directly to the car. I believe Tesla is doing this with Apple Music, which is how I began scouring for something similar on BMW.
Appreciate 0