View Single Post
      11-18-2019, 05:43 PM   #36
The J-Man
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by randybobandy View Post
Dang, I’ll have to give it a try. I love amazon, but I have a handful of HomePods, which looking back, was stupid...so I am stuck with Apple Music. Whenever I get a new car or even in a loaner/rental, I kind of go into autopilot and default to CarPlay or just Bluetooth stream. I found something today regarding streaming (linked it below), if you go halfway down the page it mentions a couple of apps built in from what it seems. Again, I never tried it, but may futz with it now. The only downside is you lose CarPlay, but it’s just a trade off I guess?

https://www.bmwusa.com/explore/connecteddrive.html

It’s the section that has pandora, Napster, etc. not sure if it streams directly to the car. I believe Tesla is doing this with Apple Music, which is how I began scouring for something similar on BMW.
Hmm, I had all of those apps in my 2016 550 but they are nowhere to be found in the G05.

With the B&W system, the difference in quality between Apple Music via Carplay and Amazon Music Ultra HD via Carplay is HUGE. The B&W with the Amazon music is definitely the best I've heard from a stock audio system in a car. It is several factors better than the B&O in my 5-series.
2011 X5 35i BSM/Black - Retired
2011 335i Coupe Alpine White/Saddle - Retired (ED)
Appreciate 0