View Single Post
      11-29-2019, 08:09 PM   #14
130FeetDeep
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130FeetDeep View Post
Add me to the list of curious. Intake, downpipes, and a tune are things I would be very interested in for the M50i. For me, it would be nice to get:

-- An intake solution that allows us to hear the turbos spool and obviously add a little power. With a similar platform on many BMWs, this seems like it would not be a huge project.

-- Downpipes are such a nice mod for turbo guys. I think there would be a very interested crowd.

-- Tune. I think I am over the piggy days. I would much rather use a flash tune that uses the sport, eco, comfort modes to toggle. I have seen some vague posts on a few tunes, but they lack before and after dynos to document power gains across the rpm range. It appears they are just randomly posting % gains then applying that to the crank numbers BMW provides. That is sketch. We really need some dynos and documentation to evaluate what is being presented.
This platform is attracting a lot of the mod guys that want an SUV with power. The Cayenne is just not attractive anymore (my 2 cents). The SQ / RSQ7 are still 9 months away and who knows where that goes. Audi has a real issue on their hands with the ASS on the Q8 since it shuts down the engine under about 10 mph causing potential major hazards. There are over 30 complaints on the NHTSA page. Mercedes are nice, but just skew older. IMO there will be a sizable market for the mods listed above.
Appreciate 0