02-21-2020, 11:19 PM   #27
XKxRome0ox
e90noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusB View Post
That’s in North Burnaby, right at the City of Burnaby/Vancouver border. Hence the road name boundary road. I am quite familiar with Burnaby, as I live in South Burnaby. I sometime take Hastings to/from work.

I believe there is only one new condo at Boundary and Hastings. Which is right next to a transit (bus) hub. So there will be a lot of foot and vehicle traffic. During rush hour Hastings can get quite backed up because Boundary is a main road that go through Burnaby and Hastings is also a main road that takes you from downtown Vancouver into the tri-cities. That location is also just a few blocks away from highway 1 and the bridge that takes you to the north shore.

Location wise it is pretty central. Head west 15 minutes or so on Hastings will take you to downtown. East on Hastings to Port Moody, Coquitlam, etc. 15 minutes down boundary will take you to Metrotown (largest mall in Vancouver area) in central Burnaby. Just a few blocks east on Hastings have lots of good local restaurants. However that location is a few outside of the heart of Willingdon heights, where all the restaurants and shops are.

However at night that area tends to have some, not much, homeless people hanging around because of the transit hub and the 24hr McDonald down the street.

Have you looked into central Burnaby, Metrotown area or Brentwood area? There are tons of new condos there. But I would assume prices will be a bit higher. Personally I would prefer Metrotown or Brentwood because it is recently redeveloped, so it is newer.

How long is this trip? I would suggest spending a night over in the island, if you do go. It is a 2 hour ferry ride each way, and Boundary/Hastings is about 30-40 minutes away to the nearest ferry terminal.

I would take the car over. Just more convenient that way, especially with a baby.

One tip... DO NOT speed around the ferry terminal in the Island. The roads by the terminal feels like a highway, looks like a highway, can definitely drive at highway speed, but the speed limit is only 50km/hr, city speed. In B.C. they will impound you’re car for 7 days if you go 40km/hr over posted speed limit. The roads going to the ferry is notorious for speed traps. And the cops will impound your rental car, they are ruthless on that road.
i just grabbed the closest intersection with the biggest streets to just give an idea of the area
the Airbnb map shows the condo to be 1 or 2 blocks away from that intersection
the photos of the condo look really nice
but i am still looking at all options
just didn't know what area i should be focusing on
will probably go closer to downtown area

thanks for the tips about not speeding in the ferry terminal area
i got a speeding ticket during my honeymoon in Hawaii.. that sucked

might even go to whistler for a day
we are flying up on Monday afternoon and leaving Saturday afternoon
so 6 days, 5 nights

to minimize the need to change hotel/airbnb, we are thinking stay in Vancouver area Mon through Wed night and then spend Thurs and Fri night in Victoria
catch an early ferry back on Sat morning
but i'm wondering if that's not enough time in Vancouver (with drives to north vancouver, maybe whistler) .. and too much time spent in Victoria

thoughts?

Production date - 2008-04-22

Last edited by XKxRome0ox; 02-22-2020 at 12:01 AM..
Appreciate 0