View Single Post
      02-22-2020, 02:22 AM   #29
ToddBlack88
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC 2010 F650GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
i just grabbed the closest intersection with the biggest streets to just give an idea of the area
the Airbnb map shows the condo to be 1 or 2 blocks away from that intersection
the photos of the condo look really nice
but i am still looking at all options
just didn't know what area i should be focusing on
will probably go closer to downtown area

thanks for the tips about not speeding in the ferry terminal area
i got a speeding ticket during my honeymoon in Hawaii.. that sucked

might even go to whistler for a day
we are flying up on Monday afternoon and leaving Saturday afternoon
so 6 days, 5 nights

to minimize the need to change hotel/airbnb, we are thinking stay in Vancouver area Mon through Wed night and then spend Thurs and Fri night in Victoria
catch an early ferry back on Sat morning
but i'm wondering if that's not enough time in Vancouver (with drives to north vancouver, maybe whistler) .. and too much time spent in Victoria

thoughts?
North Vancouver is a short drive. For example, I live in Deep Cove in North Vancouver. My office is Downtown. It takes me 20 minutes to get to work in the am. Grouse Mtn is a great destination and view point of the city. It’s a gondola ride only, up and down. It may still be cold up there. Good restaurant up there also. Also the Capilano suspension bridge tourist destination is on the way, and also has a cliff walk and treetops walk through the canopy on walkways from tree to tree.

Whistler is about 1.5-2 hrs traffic dependent. The sea to sky highway is a great drive, early in the morning but can get busy on the weekends. Ideally head up to whistler on a mid week morning, spend the day and even a night if you like it, just remember it will be colder. The glacier on Blackcomb is still open to ski in May.
If you go to the island, I would take the ferry from Tsawwassen not Horseshoe Bay/West Vancouver, as it gets you a shorter drive to Victoria and I have always had better luck seeing whales on this route. Ferries are not cheap though. Iirc the car is something like $100 each way, and each passenger is $8 or $10 each way.

To get to tswwassen ferry terminal, you get on the highway that cuts through Richmond.........and the Vancouver International Airport is actually in Richmond.....just.
XKxRome0ox1587.50