02-23-2020, 11:12 AM   #6
CMBX23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 19' X5 50 M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvsocr7 View Post
mine smells like this after a cold start. let me know if the dealer finds anything worrisome, I figured it was due to the catalytic converter or maybe some residue being burned up?
That's exactly what happens with mine. Bringing it in tomorrow, they're giving me a loaner so I'm sure they'll have it for a few days. I'll let you know for sure when I get some feedback from the service department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
I have had this too when entering my car in my past car. It disappeared after a couple of minutes driving. My current one I have 2 months and doesn't have it.

It smelled like a cat pied in the airconditioning. But than the smell wouldn't go away while driving. It should become worse.

One of my neighbors had the same and they replaced the rubbers around his windows and it was solved. I will ask him about this.
I'm having the same smell, smells like cat piss or a strong ammonia. Luckily though I'm most getting any smell Inside the car, hopefully I don't. Interested in hearing what they diagnosed your neighbors car with
Appreciate 0