View Single Post
      02-26-2020, 09:54 PM   #28
scotchy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAGuy View Post
Interesting thread matching up assumptions we have of individuals with reality. Retired five years now finding biggest challenge is filling time with things I want to do. Play golf twice/week in season (temp has to be above 50); became master gardener (an exaggerated title); developed auto detailing interest/curiosity (its how I relax); mentoring two sons (both happen to have same profession as mine); attending grandchildren events (a joy); volunteering (community board, mentoring); chauffeuring wife to wherever she wants to go (my best friend); exercising at the Y (hate it).
In all honesty, I miss the excitement of a professional career. Thought about consulting but hesitant to make long term commitment. Big challenge is adapting to physical limitations (the "cat like reflexes" are gone) and while I would love to play more golf or work in the garden and detailing cars, the back refuses to accept. Have to work a little harder finding things to get excited about: a big motivation behind opting for the M50i. This forum has made it all that much more interesting and educational for which I am grateful.
It sounds like your time is filled up! Awesome to hear you say your wife is your best friend, it's unfortunate how rare this is!
We're a ways from retiring yet but I'm looking at changing careers when the project I'm currently on wraps up in a few months so my wife and I can work together/be together more, and I can chauffeur her around more than I already do too, lol.

Reading that reminded me of my Grandparents. She never did drive, he would drive her to church on Sundays and wait in the car for her while she was there, haha. Fond memories.
Appreciate 2
RVAGuy167.00
TurtleBoy13221.00