View Single Post
      02-05-2023, 02:43 PM   #43
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5VanHalen View Post
Keep in mind why OEM's are pushing so hard to move to EV's; it is about the dream of monthly re-occuring revenue. It is no secret that the auto industry is 'jealous' of industries like cell phones which get re-occurring revenue via subscriptions and app sales. That is why EV cars are going to be essentially 'cell phone on wheels', which will charge monthly subscriptions to use basic items (i.e. heated seats, bluetooth, etc) and charging for software downloads to add new features. This is the panacea for auto manufacturers and that is why Wall Street analysts are pushing them to be more like Tesla and Verizon in terms of revenue generation. Now, us enthusiasts hate this model, but the fact is, it is being targeted to the younger generation, who are very comfortable with paying huge monthly subscription fees for basic items. It is coming sooner than you think....
I hope you’re wrong brother. Sounds like a scary world to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
This is a statement without any evidence to support it. It's also false. However, I really don't care to get involved past this post. Just letting you know that it's actually not true. I'm sure you and the General Automotive cognoscenti will dig up links (see what I did ) from questionable or biased sources to support this assertion, though. I'm not necessarily pro-EV and I'm not saying it won't cause some environmental damage. I'm just saying that you're wrong.

You’re very well may be right. Maybe there are plenty of minerals and materials to make EVs for hundreds of years. I don’t know dude. I know there’s plenty of fossil fuels to run gas powered cars for hundreds of years. That’s a fact.
Appreciate 0