View Single Post
      02-18-2020, 03:33 AM   #6
MaximusB
Major
Rep
Drives: 13 Frozen White E92

What type of activities are you into or looking forward to do?

I would recommend hiking, after all Vancouver is known for its mountains and outdoors. However not sure how it’ll work with a baby. But if you’re up for hikes I can recommend a few shorter/easier hikes that are more baby friendly.

Granville Island is cool to check out. Lots of artesian shops. Stop by the sake store there and grab a drink at dockside restaurant and check out the view. You can take the water taxi from downtown into Granville Island and take a walk over to Kitsilano.

Do a craft beer tasting along Main Street, just outside of downtown. You can bike from one craft beer brewery to another, or hire a driver for a tour.

Bring umbrella or rain jacket. Our rain isn’t like LA where it only lasts for half hour or so. It rains for days in Vancouver.

Eating wise (in no particular order and not sorted by location) my recommendations are:

High end:
Elisa Steak (newish steakhouse hit in town. You might run into NHL players there. It is owned by the Owner of the Canucks)
Miku sushi
Minami sushi
Kobe Japanese steakhouse
Hawksworth
Market by Jean Georges (personally don’t think it is all that good)
Hay’s Steakhouse (probably skip since they have a location in LA. Also I think Elisa listed above is better)
Joe Fortes

Mid range:
Global
The Kegs
Cactus club (they have many locations around Vancouver)
Earls

Local favourites: (to name a few)
Chewie
Fanny bay oyster bar (they have happy hours, buck a shuck)
Cafe Medina (must go for breakfast, but expect a long wait outside. Average wait time is about an hour.)
Jam Cafe (also a must for breakfast and also expect a long wait)
Various ramen places in downtown
Guu (Japanese tapas)
Ask for Luigi
L’ Abattoir
Tacofino (if for some reason you feel like taco, this is the place to go)
Meat and bread (probably one of the best sandwich place in town, good for a quick lunch)
La casa gelato (they have over 500 flavours)
Appreciate 3
XKxRome0ox1587.50
N54Yankee2706.00
ItsGary1456.50