08-25-2018, 07:49 AM   #20
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsleepboost View Post
Also not a bad option if you find a cool seller willing to do that. I would consider that if I was the seller but i feel many may not have any interest in that and tell you to pay the 600$ or whatever and ship it. The seller takes the risk ot an accident or something breaking on the drive.
20 years ago I lost out on a near-mint 1965 Lincoln Continental. It was in upstate NY near the border of Massachusetts. If found it by just passing by a local small NY car dealer on a day trip. It was a MA car and the seller picked it up in an estate sale years before. Back in the day (1960s) MA didn't require titles for cars, so all the seller had was the last 20-years past registration (circa 1975) or so. I lived in Maryland at the time, which is as bad as MA for car titling etc. I asked the seller to get a Massachusetts title before I'd buy it ($5,000). It took the seller 3 months to finally get a title and by that time I got cold feet.

Massachusetts is a PIA when it comes to cars.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0