12-01-2019, 12:52 AM   #49
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
I have no basis of comparison.... but exceptional quality sound was #1 on my list of priorities when I specced out my car. It became a matter of "how do I get this car into my price range, while still keeping the B&W?".

My last 2 cars were 3 series'... the first with the standard hifi... which was absolute garbage. The 2nd with the HK.... which was better. Both I upgraded with the complete Bavsound speaker replacements.... which helped on both accounts.

But.... I can't but help remember my 2007 Audi S8 with the Bang & Olufsen. To date, I have never heard a finer quality stereo (and that was a 2007!)

With my G05.... I wanted that "exceptional" quality sound that I'd never heard before.... or since. I'm hoping that the B&W will live up to my expectations.... and maybe even exceed them.

I've downloaded over 100 of my favorite CDs onto a hard drive (before trading in my 340)... and they are just sitting, waiting, for the X5 to arrive.

Of all the things I'm looking forward to..... the stereo is #1 on my list.

Time's ticking..... slowly.
we have the HK system in our F15. It sounds perfectly fine for a stereo but it struggles at high volumes. Most days it fine because I listen to a lot of podcasts, but some days I just want to crank it up and listen to some music and it struggles at high volumes. While I didn't get a lot of time to listen to the B&W, it does get ear splittingly loud at high volumes enough so that I know I can never fully crank it without damaging my ears, and it sounded great at those volumes for the few minutes I listened to it, enough so to change my G05 build to include it.
Appreciate 0