View Single Post
      12-10-2019, 10:17 AM   #57
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
Our g05 is in the process of being built with this system. What is the best way to connect my phone to the car to get the proper sound? I have a ton of lossless music on my iphone and in my F15, I connect it to the car using the usb cable connection in the center armrest. It sounds better than it sounds over bluetooth.

Now I know this car has wireless Apple CarPlay (which our F15 doesnt), but it also has a ton of usb-c ports. So what's the best practice here?

Also in the F15, there's only 1 USB port that connects to the audio system. The G05 is littered with usb-C ports, but how many are just charge points and how many are connected to the infotainment system?

thank you!
I'm waiting on the same. From what I've gathered, if you use CarPlay, the iPhone connects to the car via it's WiFi hotspot. Since that's the case, you're not throttled by bluetooth's bandwidth limitations. That means that you can stream lossless or lossy files from your iPhone to the car via AirPlay or streaming services that offer HiFi content. I could be wrong on this, but this is my understanding.
Appreciate 0