View Single Post
      12-10-2019, 10:42 AM   #60
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
good to know we're in the same boat lol. there's a ton of stuff different from my F15 and i'm trying to learn as much as I can before delivery. My issue is, having only seen CarPlay in my friends' cars, that its a walled off garden that exists outside of the rest of the vehicle.

I really like the head up display, especially this new implementation. I love how good the maps look. I know I cant use Waze or google maps AND still use the head up display to get directions in front of me. So I'm hesitant to use CarPlay for music and then keep having to switch back and forth between it and the rest of the car's functions...or how seamless that switching is even?

I'm happy that CarPlay now essentially comes standard with these vehicles but frankly I was fine with how things work on my F15. The music stuff is well integrated with BMW's system and everything works okay.

If you use wireless carplay, i assume either your phone or the car creates some sort of wifi hotspot. is there an additional fee/service charge for that?
I don't know for sure yet, but I think even if you don't want to use Waze or GMaps, you can still use CarPlay and use the stock NAV. At the very least you can still AirPlay music if you don't want to use the CarPlay streaming apps. The WiFi network on the G05 is free of charge. You will only have to pay if you want that network to also have an internet connection.
Appreciate 0