View Single Post
      12-23-2019, 08:37 AM   #71
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
Oh yeah, it’s all a sham. Typically like the Property Brothers, the people have already bought their house. The whole “house hunt” part is always staged.
In terms of the construction, I think Chip does actually have a crew that does stuff and he is somewhat handy himself and can do some construction projects if he wanted to, but I’m sure he just has a crew working on it. So they may be more genuine than the property brothers who literally were stand up comics or magicians or something like that before the show.
I will say though, their market prices for the houses are definitely pretty real. Waco TX is pretty inexpensive housing. It’s a cute place but not a hugely desirable place to live. it’s not a city that’s really close to anything unless your business or job is located there. It’s 1.5 hours from Austin or Dallas. However, because of that, a house built in the 90’s with an acre or two of property is totally realistic for sub-300k. But it’s not a place you could pay me to live personally...
The show however has helped the city a TON in terms of tourism.
Thanks - I kind of suspected the house hunt was a sham and wondered about the rest, but nice to hear confirmation. But I have to say, the final product looks really nice, at least I always seem to think so. Can't say the same about the property brothers (its ok).

On a different note - you should share some of the wildest stories you've come across as a realtor. I suspect the wildest stories I could ever expect to hear would come from say a pharma sales rep or a medical equip sales rep...not sure why, I just know a few doctors and I think that anyone doing those sorts of sales to doctors probably have a few wild stories to share, so not sure if the realtor stories could match that, but I always love a good story!

I do have to say with the docs I know, its funny, on the outside if you were to see them professionally, they look and act very serious and professional and seem like upstanding citizens. But you get to know them personally and hang out with them - they are pretty funny and pretty wild. I was on a brewery tour on a bus full of docs, and my neighbour (who is a doc) starts passing out these pills to us before we get on the bus, apparently these help to reduce hangover feelings the next morning. I wasn't taking it until I knew what it was, but I was the only one that asked. Probably the rest of them knew what it was. Then on a different bus ride, one of the docs had weed that he was bringing across the border (before it was legal on either side) when they were going to go down and watch a football game...also very stupid of him, but you get the picture. I always smile thinking of the dichotomy of how I know them vs how other people see them.

But yeah, medical sales rep or pharma sales rep - I'm betting they have stories. I think there is only one member on here that I know of that did pharma sales.
Appreciate 0