View Single Post
      01-14-2006, 08:44 PM   #1
Yangster
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

VOB BMW (Rockville, MD)

First off, I know VOB has been discussed in the "MD Dealers" thread, but I thought I would break it out into a separate thread.

I just wanted to report that I had my first experience with the VOB service department (not including them putting on the tags and me buying all-weather floor mats) and it went fine: I called my service manager (Gint / Yellow Team) to schedule an appointment for my first oil change (at 1350 miles); he told me what I already knew: that a post-break-in oil change was a good idea, but that because the car hadn't hit 15k, it would not be covered by the service agreement; on the day of the appointment, I dropped the keys off wth Gint and about 40 minutes later he called me to let me know that "your baby is ready." When I returned to pick up the car, Gint chatted with me a bit about the car and about BMW and said goodbye with a handshake and "Welcome to BMW."

My point is not to give VOB a rave review simply for handling an oil change in a professional manner (Certainly we are all entitled to expect a professional level of service from any BMW service department), but after a reading a couple of the VOB "horror stories" posted by others, I did think it was worth reporting that my first service went off without a hitch. And I certainly won't hesitate to report back if I receive less than satisfactory service from them in the future.

Here are my earlier posts on VOB from other threads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yangster
I just took delivery of my E90 (my first BMW) on Monday and I wanted to say that I really feel that I got a good deal and great service from VOB BMW. My saleswoman, Nan Wong, was professional, friendly, and knowledgeable -- She answered plenty of questions from a Bimmer newbie, always getting back to me in a timely manner, often by cell phone or Blackberry; while I was anxiously awaiting delivery, she e-mailed me PDFs of the vehicle inquiry reports with each change in the car's status; and on the delivery date, there was a nice walkthrough of the car and no BS!
[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yangster
Hi all! I just picked up my 325xi last night and I couldn't be happier with it! To make a long story, my 2000 Acura TL was totalled a few weeks ago and, after considering several other cars, including the Infiniti G35, Lexus IS 250, Audi A3 and A4, and Mercedes C240, I went with the E90... and driving the car home last night, I knew I had made the right decision! I'm also really happy with the way the paint and trim combination (arctic metallic, black leather, aluminum trim) came out.

Ordered: 9/12
Produced: 10/18
Departed: 10/24
Arrived: 11/4
Delivered: 11/14

Options: metallic paint, leather, steptronic
MSRP as equipped: 36,695
Price paid: 34,650

325xi
Steptronic / Arctic Metallic / Black Leather / Aluminum Trim

Last edited by Yangster; 01-14-2006 at 09:14 PM..
Appreciate 0