View Single Post
      03-09-2020, 09:28 AM   #62
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
My dream attainable car purchase has always been a Porsche (next to an M). Narrowed it down to either a 981 Spyder or a higher mileage 997.1 GT3. It would be a big jump from an M, and still debating whether one of those is worth double what my Z4M and E36 M3 cost combined (E92 M3 would stay).

My question is, what would you replace your Ferrari with that comes even close to its character? Reason I ask is because for the same price as those cars I mentioned, you could get an earlier Gallardo, but the attention might get annoying when you're just trying to go out and have fun. For what it's worth, I think you have one of the coolest fleets out there.

My buddy has an F430 and it's pretty amazing to see how much attention that thing gets in a place like South Carolina. It's all been positive though.
I plan to go with a 991.2 gt3 manual. Still NA with 9000rpm. And just as fast. Only thing I'd have to give up is the v8 sound and torque. And like some of the other guys said maintenance costs can get scary with a 10 year Ferrari compared with a new Porsche that still has remaining warranty. That and I don't feel guilty about adding miles to the Porsche. The Ferrari world is extremely mileage sensitive.

That said I'm glad for the Ferrari experience. But now that I've done it I'm ready for something more sensible.

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 1
W///7494.00