m630
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M Comp / ‘22 X3 / f136

Garage List
‘22 X4MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Good choice. This might be a discussion in another thread, but anyone else think the Porsche market is just strange? Maybe it's because I'm used to looking at cheaper cars that are not as collectible.

But it looks to me as if there's definitely very much an oversupply of GT cars and they just sit on the market. With Porsche not really limiting GT3/4 anymore, I wonder what that does to resale value. 911R is another example.
The Pcar market is unique, and i follow it very very closely for many years now as my drift away from bmw and towards a dedicated sports car has grown and im finally at a point where a second car dedicated for play is possible.

Now to your point on GT cars, ill only speak of 911s in this thread, but they are still very very limited production, but what you see is that there are many peps with hook ups that buy them as spec cars just to sell. And with the market over the past several years that may have been an OK strategy for some, but with 992 GT cars on the way the 991s will come down.
As for the R, well thats been a roller coaster if you were an original owner you are fine, but if you bought from an orig owner prior to the GT3 Touring being announced you are F-d!

Not Porsches fault that the public wanted the manual in the GT3 and anyone crazy enough to have paid 2x or 3x sticker to get the R was really foolish, but in the end Porsche did the right thing, they responded to a passionate market and released the Touring and its the nicest GT model available now!

Also consider this point, more collector/enthusiasts are looking at the 997 and earlier models now and that has an impact, while I luv the new GT cars, my Pcar will be air cooled and MT as it should be
Appreciate 0