Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan86 View Post
Yea I love hot lapping in the LaFerrari

When was the last time you used iRacing? I experienced what you did from the beginning, but since last year they did a huge leap forward with the tire model and I can quite honestly suggest, now, that it’s a more realistic track experience ban AC. I find AC to be a bit more forgiving, but iRacing is now ahead, imo. You can feel the tires compressing over rumble strips, they stick like f’in glue after 3-4 laps of warm up, you can actually power slide a GT3 car, properly, drift the Miata, and the brake feel is much more communicative. They now have things like road debris animation and tire build up on the tarmac as well which helps us get one step closer to realism.

All in all I probably spend equal amount of time between the the two, but growing really fond of Race Room Italia. Can’t wait to get into the VR club. If i do it, though, I’m going to beef up my graphics card and wait for the next version of Rift. I have my screens properly setup so field of depth is spot on, easy view of the apex’s. This took a lot of tweaking, though..
I still have an iracing subscription and did some hot laps about a month ago trying to learn COTA. I think the wheel setup make a huge difference in each sim. I’ve tried AC on a g27 wheel and felt like garbage. My clubsport v2 wheel feels utterly fantastic in AC, but lifeless in most other sims. It’s pretty bad in iracing and that could be the reason why I don’t like it. My next upgrade will be a direct drive wheel and I really hope that makes big improvements in other sims.

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0