10-26-2017, 03:12 PM   #72
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
I still have an iracing subscription and did some hot laps about a month ago trying to learn COTA. I think the wheel setup make a huge difference in each sim. I’ve tried AC on a g27 wheel and felt like garbage. My clubsport v2 wheel feels utterly fantastic in AC, but lifeless in most other sims. It’s pretty bad in iracing and that could be the reason why I don’t like it. My next upgrade will be a direct drive wheel and I really hope that makes big improvements in other sims.
Yea, I used to run a lot of FFB through iRacing, somewhere from 12 to 18. I've dialed it down to 7-8, now, and 10 damping through the wheel menu. Some guys run as low as 4-5 but you'd be surprised how much more road feedback you get with the lower setting through iRacing. You want to be sure your wheel isn't "clipping". iRacing has an auto clipping detection feature, now, and you just hit the "auto" beside the FFB settings in F9, and it gets you to the ideal level. I usually tone it down 10-20% from its "auto" setting and is much better than the 12+ I used to run. I turn it up a bit in AC because it just seems to feel better, usually 110%