View Single Post
      09-03-2018, 10:06 PM   #1
The Chaddening
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bicycle - reducing carbon

Bench/Pec Tendon question

Recently switched to powerlifting coming from Crossfit. I am not used to Benching this frequently and the last few weeks I have felt tightness on my outer right pec. The pain occurs at the very end of the eccentric portion of the movement when the bar touches my chest. I warm up the same way I have in Crossfit with plenty of mobility and body weight movements before even touching a weight. The majority of my upper body warm ups set me up for vertical pressing, not horizontal. I always include pushups in my bench warmup but I just brain fart on other horizontal pressing warmups.

Idk if this tightness is from a pec tendon issue or what but does anyone have any ideas to improve this?

Another bench question - I bench with my butt always on the pad. My feet are pulled back pretty much in line with my knees (I don’t do that super extended exorcism back like the instahoes do) and there is a gap between my lower back and bench. Once I go beyond 85-90% 1RM my lower back lights on fire and I feel lower back pain for several days. This is the only time i have back pain, I never have pain when deadlifting. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0