View Single Post
      01-02-2019, 11:21 AM   #34
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAndrew View Post
What is the code for the RWD 2 series platform that replaces the F22?
That is the G4x chassis code that I referred to in my post.

Quote:
That is supposed to retain the RWD layout (and 6-cyl option) for M2 and 2 coupé purposes, leaving other 2s with the UKL-derived platform, much as things are now.
Yes, it is a CLAR derivative and will thus be RWD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5MSD View Post
So the X3 40i has this lump?
Or will the 2019 model get the new one
As mentioned in my prior post, only the X5 and X7 currently have this revision of the B58 (the M1). As I also mentioned in that post, by the end of this year, all Gxx vehicles in the 3 and 4 product families will get a new high output variant (the O1). So, the 2020 X3 M40i will get that engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinduma View Post
So for the next generation 2 series, will the only model with an inline 6 be the m2? I was curious to this since they now have the new 35 engine in the X2, would they just change it back to the m235i with that high output 4 cyclinder?
It is not 100% confirmed yet, but current signs are that the G42 2 Series coupe will top out with the B48 engine, yes. And yes, it is strongly likely that it will be a high output version like the one in M35i UKL vehicles. Whether it will literally be a longitudinal version of that exact engine or a new version with more power or perhaps other features such as 48V mild hybrid remains unknown. It will not arrive until mid 2021, so details are still scarce.
Appreciate 1
X5MSD353.00