08-20-2019, 11:40 PM   #35
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
ROFL. . That "Georgia" house exists. It is one of my favorites and is worth about $3MM. Basically all of the homes along Paces Ferry Rd are $2MM+.

520 Paces Ferry Rd, Atlanta.
Thanks for the address! I enjoyed driving through that neighborhood on street view! Some pretty houses out there (for the few that I can see from the road, haha) I feel like I'd be too scared living in such a place. GRowing up where we literally live on top of each other, all that "acreage" seems spooky, haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardio View Post
Fast forward to today and multi-family properties in the major metropolitan areas are crazy expensive... you have to put down huge amounts of money just to break even. I couldn't even imagine trying to get started in today's investment market.
Look at Cap Rates in So. Cal. I see these real estate investor blogs talking about X number of doors that they've own because of leveraging with 10% cap rates or higher. I look at cap rates for rentals around here and am like... hmm.... Is appreciation what investors are using vs. cap rate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSnow View Post
Winter is coming.
UncleWede Pops sounds like he did some wise investing! Like you, I have too many emotional issues dealing with extending myself to manage properties. I feel like I should just rent a guest/pool house from some rich person. Seems like that might be cheaper than apartments around here. I cannot believe the price of some apartments in non sought after areas!
Appreciate 1
F32Fleet3539.50