10-03-2019, 08:29 AM   #26
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
what line of work are you in?

One of my past employers did a month long competition for steps. Every week you turned in your step count, and each weekly winner got a small prize. at the end of the month, the overall winner got a bigger prize.

My current company created a workout room in our warehouse and we have done a few of the workout video programs. each person who did every workout for the program got a shirt, and we did them during business hours so we got paid to work out. We've also done biggest loser competitions as well.
I'm a Project Coordinator for 200 year old Japanese company. If you've eaten mustard that wasn't French's or Heinz in the past 30 years, odds are, it came from our facility. We also produce and bottle vinegar for damn near everyone who has a vinegar label.

I would love to have an onsite gym. A marketing company that I worked for years ago had a gym on the 4th floor that we were allowed to use during business hours. I rarely used it, but it was great. If a customer pissed you off, you were encouraged to go upstairs and throw some weight around or wail on a punching bag. It was great stress relief for about 5 minutes, then you were out of breath, sweaty and tired.

I see quite a few people mentioning the step counting thing. I'll mention this and see what kind of reaction I get from corporate.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00