01-10-2020, 03:55 PM   #112
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
Interesting...thanks for the insight.

Yeah, I've deployed/managed Ubiquiti Unifi products in a corporate environment as well. Super frustrating to get consistent, as you mentioned. Meraki is much more user friendly but also prohibitively expensive.

Will check into the others you mentioned though...much appreciated!
Have you considered Aruba Networks Instant Access Points? I've deployed a few and they're pretty easy to get up and running. The IAPs need to be connected to each other over some sort of local network. They'll peer into each other and elect one of the APs as the master virtual controller. You can also define which one is the master and which one is the secondary. The cluster will also work in a wireless mesh setup. You just have to configure each IAP via a wired connection first before committing the changes. Due to obvious reasons, the wireless mesh/backhaul is done over the 5GHz radio while the client side is serviced by 2.4.

The cool thing about the IAPs is they can pre reprovisioned as campus APs if you find the need to add a physical controller.
Appreciate 1