View Single Post
      02-09-2020, 10:38 AM   #28
bbal
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 E46M3, 10 E93, 17 F85

I was all set to order the F95 tomorrow in carbon fiber/sakhir which would be a beautiful combo at least on paper. 3 different dealers will offer at most a 3k discount off the 118K MSRP. I'm not impressed with the photos of the exterior of the new X5M to say the least. I find the interior of the the 2020 X5 M50 I drove cluttered and not impressive either (especially the gauges). And it's hard to want to get into the first year of this beast knowing there will be improvements and kinks worked out for next year. If anything it seems the first year should have the largest discount. Funny that when the car will be at its finest iteration (probably 2024ish) it will be available at its lowest price. I REALLY wanted to like the M50 but it just doesn't drive like an M. The F85 is a gorgeous car. The F95...just can't get on the boat on this one. So...I'm pretty hesitant to buy this thing without even driving it. And...I'd have to buy another winter setup for 4K because BMW changed the bolt pattern from the last 20 years. So now I'm strongly considering buying my lease '17 at the 64K residual. Car will be at 45K miles. I realize this is not a great deal, but we know how we drove and maintained it, and love the color combo (long beach blue/silverstone). I plan on buying an exclusionary warranty and keeping it to 7 years/100k. Am I a fool for thinking this is a reasonable idea? Any comments welcome. I intentionally posted this on the F85 forum as well please don't shoot flames at me.

Last edited by bbal; 02-09-2020 at 10:48 AM..
Appreciate 0