02-09-2020, 05:33 PM   #4
upsidedownfunnel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
It's useful, but I think it's another feature that lets drivers forget how to drive. Knowing the dimensions of your vehicle, no matter how large, should be requisite knowledge. It's definitely nothing I miss when I drive other SUVs that don't have it. Cool feature, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzbra View Post
I wouldn't recommend getting an X5 without parking assistant package. It makes a HUGE difference and lets you park a very large car with absolute ease. The camera system in the G05 X5's is probably the most advanced of any carmaker out there, so you're getting a bargain for only $700. The car parking itself is just an extra perk (which we actually use often), but the surround view cameras alone are well worth it. The standard without this package is just sensors and a rear camera.
I have the parking package and I find it useful, but I'm not sure it's a "bargain". Sure, it's not a ripoff, but it's just a few low resolution cameras and software stitching the picture together. For the functionality, it's definitely worth the cost. For the parts and development, not really.
Appreciate 1
cptcolo102.00