02-10-2020, 10:09 PM   #31
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Really? I find the Q7/8 to have some of the cheapest interiors on the lux market. Too much plastics and gloss black/touchscreens and not enough leather and stitching. However fit and finish is always good for Audi's.

I'm not expecting the GV80 to be X5 levels of quality, but I'm sure it will still be plenty nice enough for most people, not to mention it'll be cheaper so you gotta cut costs somewhere.

I sat in the new G70 and was pleasantly surprised with the interior materials. The switchgear was lacking, but the GV80 looks to fix that, however you've sat in the vehicle and I haven't so I guess I'll have to wait and see.
I only gave the Audi example because BMW & Mercedes weren't at the auto show. So Audi was the comparison point by default. Otherwise I do find BMW/Mercedes interiors to be nicer than Audi. My G05's interior is nicer than any of the cars I sat in at the auto show (Including the Navigator). I'm biased of course.

Yeah G70, and GV80 in this case, both have great interiors for the price. I'm simply making the point that you're not just paying a premium for the brand when you get up into the German luxury brands, there is an actual, noticeable difference in the quality. I suppose I shouldn't say the GV80 uses "lower grade" materials, but rather, not as high grade as what you'd find in the Germans.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 0