View Single Post
      02-16-2020, 04:28 PM   #42
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep
Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSG5 View Post
Just going back to the original post, I saw this Car and Driver article released today (link below) which is very complimentary of the M50i. I thought it was relevant to the OP because it seems to suggests the M50i has plenty of muscle, sportiness and luxe for most everyone except true M diehards (my words not the author’s).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.car...y-the-numbers/

I’m still holding out for the X5MC, but my decision has more to do with the cosmetic differences (exterior and interior as well as color options for both) of the F95 than the increased power/handling. To be clear, I obviously like the way the M50i looks too and would definitely buy it if the F95 didn’t exist. I just like the way the X5MC looks a little more.
I was looking at both options & ordered a M50i. I just can't justify the difference in price with a XM5. Plus M models get much smaller discounts ( I got 11.5% off list before $4750 incentives)0-60 in 3.9 is pretty awesome for a 5300 lb SUV. My guess is the XM5 will cut 2/10 of a second off that. Skidpad will be better, but at what cost in ride quality & who's really slinging something this big around a skidpad?
And I really like the glass control & luggage pkg options & standard fog lights on the M50i - not available; on the M. Lastly I love the 747M wheel option on the M50i. Not thrilled with the XM5 wheel choices
Appreciate 0